In this issue:
- A New Accelerator Takes Digital Health Start-Ups to the Next Level
- The Return of the MedTech IPO Market
- Is There a Deal in Your Future? A Guide to Navigating Antitrust Waters
- SBIR Funding and Venture-Backed Biotechnology Companies: Current Developments
- Life Sciences Venture Financings for WSGR Clients
- Patent Term Adjustment and Patent Term Extension: Valuable Tools to Prolong Patent Protection Through Careful Vigilance
- Recent Life Sciences Client Highlights
- Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- Excerpt from A New Accelerator Takes Digital Health Start-Ups to the Next Level:
When co-founders Fred Toney and Ted Ridgway decided to create a new accelerator focused on digital healthcare, they started by analyzing what was working well—and more important, what wasn't—at current business incubators and accelerators focused on the space. After months of research and numerous caffeine-fueled discussions with CEOs who had gone through the accelerator process, they were able to identify three basic problems: too little time, too little capital, and too little attention. "In general, the accelerators lasted only about three to four months, the companies were funded to the tune of $20,000 to $50,000, and participants didn't get the kind of intense, hands-on advice they needed from the programs on a continual basis," Fred explains. "We set out to change all that."
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.