In this issue:
- Best Patent Practices Under the America Invents Act
- CMS Issues Final Rule for Implementing Sunshine Act
- New IP Litigation Team a Boon for Firm's Life Sciences and Technology Clients
- Life Sciences Venture Financings for WSGR Clients
- Strategies for Maximizing Patent Claim Scope and Patent Protection for Diagnostic Method Claims in the Wake of Mayo v. Prometheus
- Recent Life Sciences Highlights
- Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- Excerpt from: Best Patent Practices Under the America Invents Act
On March 16, 2013, the first-inventor-to-file provisions of the America Invents Act (AIA) took effect. These provisions, which apply to applications with an effective filing date on or after March 16, 2013, fundamentally alter United States patent law that has been in effect for the last 60-plus years.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: America Invents Act, Civil Monetary Penalty, CMS, Final Rules, Mayo Foundation for Medical Ed, Mayo v. Prometheus, Patent Reform, Patents, Sunshine Act, Venture Capital
Published In: General Business Updates, Finance & Banking Updates, Health Updates, Intellectual Property Updates, Science, Computers & Technology Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati | Attorney Advertising