In This Issue:
- Legislation to Renew Fast-Track Consideration for Trade Agreements Introduced
- Congress Passes FY 2014 Omnibus Appropriations Bill
- An Insider's View: Obama's Mid-Term Blues
- What's in Store For Tax Legislation in 2014
- Dodd-Frank: The Volcker Vortex
- Healthcare Update: But How Will They Pay For It?
- Congress Taking Action to Address Data Security
- Members Seek Update to Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act
- Excerpt from Dodd-Frank: The Volcker Vortex:
In its simplest form, the Dodd-Frank Act's Volcker Rule prohibits U.S. bank holding companies and their affiliates from engaging in "proprietary trading" and from sponsoring hedge funds and private equity funds. While the original idea was straightforward – to prevent speculative, excessively risky activity by insured depository institutions – drawing a clear line between proprietary trading and permissible market-making activity has proven much more difficult than many had anticipated...
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Affordable Care Act, Appropriations Bill, Banks, Cybersecurity, Data Protection, Dodd-Frank, Federal Budget, Healthcare, Proprietary Trading, Trade Agreements, Volcker Rule
Published In: Elections & Politics Updates, Finance & Banking Updates, Health Updates, International Trade Updates, Tax Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© King & Spalding | Attorney Advertising