In this issue:
- SEC’s Office of Investor Education and Advocacy Releases Alert on Identifying Fraudulent Private Placements
- ICE Futures U.S. Issues Amendments to EFRP Rule and FAQs
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Releases Virtual Currency Advisory
- District Court Considers Prior SEC Complaint Evidence to Establish Scienter Under PSLRA
- Delaware Court of Chancery Dismisses Derivative Suit Brought by Expired Trust
- OCC Increases Semiannual Assessment for Larger National Banks and Federal Savings Associations
- OCC Issues Lease Financing Booklet of the Comptroller’s Handbook and Rescinds Earlier Publication
- FCA Uses Product Intervention Powers for the First Time
- ESMA Publishes Guidelines on Reporting Obligations Under the AIFMD
- Excerpt from SEC’s Office of Investor Education and Advocacy Releases Alert on Identifying Fraudulent Private Placements:
On August 4, the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Office of Investor Education and Advocacy issued an Investor Alert to assist investors in identifying potentially fraudulent private placements. In the Alert, the Office of Investor Education and Advocacy warned investors to be cognizant of common signs of potential fraud when considering investing in an unregistered offering, including...
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.