Deadline Approaching for Governmental Entities to Apply for DOE Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure and Equipment Grants

What grants are available?

The Department of Energy is offering over $50 million in grants to state and local governments for electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure and equipment. This opportunity is available through the Joint Office of Energy and Transportation Ride and Drive Electric (RDE) Funding Opportunity, which aims to develop affordable, reliable, convenient, and secure EV charging networks. The RDE seeks to fund projects that:

  • Enhance EV charging resiliency;
  • Provide equitable electrification access and opportunities;
  • Improve EV charging performance and reliability.

Who is eligible for these grants?

Eligible applicants include state and local governments, institutions of higher learning, and non-profit organizations.

When is the deadline to apply?

  • Concept papers are due on June 16, 2023, at 4:00 p.m. CDT.
  • Complete applications are due on July 28, 2023, at 4:00 p.m. CDT.

The Texas Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Plan

The Texas Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Plan was approved by the Federal Highway Administration. For the 2022-2026 fiscal years, Texas will receive $407.8 million to promote electric vehicle charging infrastructure along public roads. 20% of the funds are designated for the state, while the other 80% are federal. Read updates about the implementation of this plan.

Additional information

Information about the RDE program and application requirements is published.

[View source.]

DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.

© Husch Blackwell LLP | Attorney Advertising

Written by:

Husch Blackwell LLP

Husch Blackwell LLP on:

Reporters on Deadline

"My best business intelligence, in one easy email…"

Your first step to building a free, personalized, morning email brief covering pertinent authors and topics on JD Supra:
*By using the service, you signify your acceptance of JD Supra's Privacy Policy.
Custom Email Digest
- hide
- hide