"Open the pod door, HAL"
• Commercial voice-activated intelligent personal assistants from Amazon, Apple, Google, and Microsoft, among others, are growing in popularity.
• A report from NPR and Edison Research states that 16% of the U.S. population—39 million Americans—currently owns a smart speaker that relies on a voice-activated personal assistant.
• Smart speakers will be installed in 55% of U.S. households by 2022—equaling 70 million households.
• As consumers become more accustomed to asking such devices for information, healthcare organizations will naturally become integrated into that behavior, and some already have.
• But are we ready for the response that HAL gave, or the other complications this technology brings?
Please see full Presentation below for more information.