In this issue:
- Valuing LLC Interests: How To Lose In Tax Court
- Should You Keep Your Trust A Secret?
- Effort – A “Stretch IRA” Can Maximize Your IRA’s Benefits
- Estate Planning Red Flag – You Hold Joint Title To Property With A Relative Or Friend
- Excerpt from Valuing LLC Interests: How To Lose In Tax Court:
A recent U.S. Tax Court case — Estate of Tanenblatt — offers an important lesson for executors and other personal representatives: When valuing assets for estate tax purposes, be sure you’re satisfied with the valuator’s methods and conclusions before you file an estate tax return. Offering new valuation theories in court can backfire.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.