Covering a wide range of issues - from H-1B to DV lottery procedures; from visa backlogs to I-9s - here's a look at some of the most well-read immigration news, analysis, and insights published on JD Supra during 2019.
Popular Immigration Reads on JD Supra, 2019
- Controversial H-1B Visa and Green Card Legislation Before Congress - by Jennifer G. Parser at Poyner Spruill
- Anticipated Changes to Employment-Based Green Card Processing - by Rachel Perez at Akerman
- 2021 Diversity Immigrant Visa Lottery Program Announced - by Frances Rayer at Cozen O'Connor
- H1B Cap Season — USCIS Now Accepting Petitions - by Montserrat Miller at Arnall Golden Gregory
- Implications of New Social Media Question on DS-160 and DS-260 Applications - by Olivia Minnis at Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney
- House Passes Bill To Eliminate Green Card Backlogs, Competing Bill In Senate Introduced - by Michael Neifach at Jackson Lewis
- Visa Backlog Blues - by Susan Cohen at Mintz
- 2021 DV Lottery Registration Oct. 2 To Nov. 5 - by attorneys at Tonkon Torp
- Immigrant Visa Processing Changes –EB1 Demand Remains High; EB-3 India Remains Ahead Of EB-2 India; EB-2 China Remains Ahead Of EB-3 China; Visa Office On Priority Dates, Demand, And Predictions - by Alka Bahal at Fox Rothschild
- Diversity Visa Lottery: Lawsuit over New Passport Rule - by Erica Loomba, Valarie McPherson, Jennifer Wexler, and David Grunblatt at Proskauer
- How Does the Government Shutdown Affect Immigration? - by David Leopold at Ulmer & Berne
- USCIS Announces Plan To Reduce Wait Times For Citizenship And Green Card Interviews In United States - by Roxanne Levine at Tarter Krinsky
- I-9 Self Audits - Melissa Azallion and Jonathan Eggert at Burr & Forman
For a deeper dive into Immigration Trends right now, ask us about access to Beacon Insights dashboards.