The Connecticut Brownfields Initiative of the University of Connecticut recently announced the release of a Request for Proposals for its Municipal Assistance Program starting in the fall of 2021. The Municipal Assistance Program is designed to support municipalities and other entities that are eligible for federal and state brownfield assistance programs. These entities include towns, cities, regional planning and redevelopment agencies, non-profit organizations, and native American tribes). The Municipal Assistance Program is the vehicle by which the Connecticut Brownfields Initiative assists these applications on the development of a municipality’s application for an EPA assessment grant or brownfield cleanup grant. The Connecticut Brownfields Initiative provides this assistance at no cost to the municipality.
To participate in this program, the municipality must complete an online application, which can be found here. Municipalities interested in assistance for applying these EPA grants should act quickly, since the deadline to participate in the assistance RFP is July 15, 2021. More information can also be obtained at the Connecticut Brownfields Initiative’s website.
In addition, the Connecticut Brownfields Initiative will be hosting a webinar on June 24, 2021 to provide more information on the free services the Brownfields Initiative is providing. The webinar is entitled, “Funding Opportunities for Brownfields” and will address the following topics:
- Overview of financing options for brownfield sites in Connecticut, including funding from the US Environmental Protection Agency and Connecticut’s Department of Economic and Community Development;
- The Connecticut Brownfields Initiative’s fall Municipal Assistance Program; and
- How to receive brownfields project support with no cost to the applicant.
The webinar is scheduled to take place at 1:00 pm on Thursday, June 24, 2021. To register for the event:
- Go to https://uconn-cmr.webex.com/uconn-cmr/onstage/g.php?MTID=ee8f37af3774a62c59f7ad4dc601d32bf
- Add your name and e-mail address
- Click “Register”
The Connecticut Brownfields Initiative will then approve the registration and send a confirmation e-mail message with instructions. Once the host approves the registration, users will receive a confirmation e-mail message with instructions on how to join the event.