May 13th, 2021
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CST
What should in-house lawyers spend time discussing with their chief financial officers (CFOs)? What are the most important tax developments affecting businesses today? In this program, we’ll review the key tax issues that impact your business and how you can mitigate risks. We are pleased to be joined by BDO USA’s Associate General Counsel, Charis Runnels.
Topics will include:
- Key things to know about potential changes to the tax law/issues to consider with a remote workforce
- Risk management – insurance renewals in a hardening market/opportunities for a captive insurer
- Doing business in Chicago and the unexpected tax challenges
- How to get money back from the government for Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)-related costs
- What you already know that the tax department needs to know
1.0 hour of Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) credit is pending in California, Illinois, and New York. Illinois certificates of attendance will be distributed by the ACC Chicago Chapter. California and New York certificates of attendance will be distributed by McDermott Will & Emery.
To be eligible to earn a CLE certificate, participants must participate via Zoom, not by dialing in via telephone, and provide their bar number. Credit for partial attendance will not be provided.
Attendance is complimentary but limited to ACC members, in-house counsel who are prospective ACC members, and guests of the Co-Sponsors. By registering, you agree that your name and email address will be provided for one-time use (for virtual meeting management) to the Co-Sponsors.
Charis Runnels | Associate General Counsel, BDO USA