March 11th, 2021
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM CT
In February 2021, Virginia became the second state – after California – to enact state consumer data privacy legislation – the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (CDPA). During this webinar, we will analyze the CDPA.
- Identifying the scope of the CDPA and the businesses it will apply to
- Analyzing the CDPA’s exemptions and exceptions, such as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act carve-out
- Discussing relevant definitions such as “sale” and “consent”
- Discussing the rights provided to Virginia residents through the CDPA
- Comparing the CDPA to the California Consumer Privacy Act
David M. Stauss, Partner
Who Should Attend
General counsel, technology officers, technologists, information privacy and information security professionals, compliance officers, business owners and C-suite executives.
Continuing Education Credit
This program is pending approval for Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Tennessee and Wisconsin continuing legal education credit.
Questions? Contact Morgan Buciumean at 303.749.7281.