How are workflow automation and process automation similar?
Many people use the terms workflow automation and process automation mutually, because both can help businesses to:
- Create, monitor, and assess the performance of specific tasks and processes
- Connect people, information, and systems
- Streamline day-to-day operations
- Reduce time spent on tasks
- Improve operational efficiency and productivity
Both workflow and process automation ensure the correct information is routed to the right person, at the right time, in order to optimize efficiency. They reduce the likelihood of errors, optimize employee productivity, reduce the time needed for tasks, and increase profitability.
And importantly, both workflow automation and process automation can help to improve transparency and build trust in a business. By enabling better, faster, more error-free operations, workflow automation and business process automation both serve to boost the confidence of everyone involved, from staff to stakeholder, contractors, and customers or clients.