Latest Publications

Share:

The Family Business Constitution

Family businesses are complicated, and the roles that family members play in them usually evolve from non-planned events and circumstances. When conflicts arise in a family business, they are often more complex and difficult...more

Earn-out Pitfalls for Business Owners

Recently, a couple of business owners received an offer to buy their company. The potential buyer proposed paying 25% of the Company’s value in cash up front and paying the remaining 75% over time, contingent on certain...more

The Hidden Tax Trap in Your Family Business—and How to Avoid It.

You have a business. You have a family. You have a family business. And frequently, the family makes decisions about the business. Sometimes, those decisions are not formalized....more

Budding Family Business Entrepreneur? Top Three Legal Tips You Need to Know

A recent New Tech Seattle event at the Seattle Center brought together a group of interesting budding entrepreneurs. Discussions with several people led to the realization that many of them are facing the same basic legal...more

4 Results
/
View per page
Page: of 1

"My best business intelligence,
in one easy email…"

Your first step to building a free, personalized, morning email brief covering pertinent authors and topics on JD Supra:
Sign up using*

Already signed up? Log in here

*By using the service, you signify your acceptance of JD Supra's Privacy Policy.
*With LinkedIn, you don't need to create a separate login to manage your free JD Supra account, and we can make suggestions based on your needs and interests. We will not post anything on LinkedIn in your name. Or, sign up using your email address.