USCIS has announced that the Cap H-1B Electronic Registration will open on March 9, 2021 at noon EST and will close on March 25, 2021 at noon EST.
The process will mirror last year’s process.
USCIS also announced its timetable – 1) it intends to notify registrants and representatives regarding selection by March 31, 2021, and 2) the earliest date that FY 2022 H-1B cap-subject petitions may be filed will be, as usual, April 1, 2021 which is a Thursday this year.
Each registration will show one of the following statuses after being submitted:
- Submitted: The registration has been submitted and remains eligible for selection;
- Selected: The petition has been selected to be filed as a Cap H-1B petition;
- Not Selected: The petition is not eligible to be filed based upon the submitted registration;
- Denied: Multiple registrations were submitted on behalf of the same beneficiary and therefore all duplicate registrations for this beneficiary are invalidated for this fiscal year; or
- Invalidated-Failed Payment: A registration was submitted but the payment method was declined, not reconciled, or otherwise invalid.