August 4th, 2021
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM PDT
Join the San Diego Paralegal Association (SDPA) and the ACEDS Orange County Chapter for an eDiscovery Summer Refresher Virtual Conference.
About this event
Session One: Applying Technology to Address Discovery Challenges Today and Tomorrow
Presented by Doug Austin from eDiscovery Today. Introduction by Marla Mohr, President of ACEDS Orange County and Legal Technology Consultant
*Attendees are eligible for One Hour of CA MCLE - Courtesy of San Diego Paralegal Association.
In today’s world of dramatically increased remote work due to the pandemic, growing data privacy concerns with GDPR, CCPA and other data privacy legislation, increase in harassment claims with #metoo and rising corporate malfeasance concerns, organizations have more challenges than ever that require the application of discovery technology and workflows even if those challenges never lead to litigation. This session will discuss the drivers and challenges facing organizations today to leverage technology and best practices to address today’s evolving discovery needs. Topics include:
- Challenges Posed by BIG Data and Variety of Data Sources
- Data Privacy Trends and Challenges
- Challenges from #metoo and Corporate Malfeasance
- Key Stats and Challenges Regarding Data Breaches
- The Move to Remote Work and Collaboration
- Will Information Governance Bail Us Out of This Mess?
- Data Discovery vs. Legal Discovery
- Technology to Address Challenges Today and Tomorrow
- Predictions for the Future
- Recommendations for Addressing Discovery Challenges