June 15th, 2021
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
McDermott Will & Emery invites you to a webinar for an in-depth discussion on the US Department of Labor’s initial cybersecurity guidance for retirement plans under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and what it means for plan fiduciaries and plan sponsors. On Tuesday, June 15, partners Andrew Liazos and Todd McClelland will discuss how this guidance is likely to impact benefit plan practices going forward and will address the following important questions:
- What is the Department of Labor’s role when it comes to cybersecurity?
- What types of cybersecurity claims are likely to survive a motion to dismiss in litigation?
- Which laws other than ERISA are relevant and to what extent does ERISA preemption apply?
- How are vendors likely to change their practices in response to the guidance?
- Should plan sponsors have a cybersecurity policy for benefit plans?
- How can we conduct a risk assessment for benefit plans?