June 15th, 2021
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM CDT
The Colorado legislature just passed the Colorado Privacy Act (CPA). Once signed by the Governor, Colorado will become just the third state – after California and Virginia – to enact broad consumer data privacy legislation. During this webinar, we will analyze the CPA and how it compares to laws in California and Virginia.
- Identifying the scope of the CPA and the businesses it will affect
- Analyzing CPA exemptions and exceptions, such as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act carve-out
- Discussing relevant definitions such as “sale” and “consent”
- Reviewing the rights provided to Colorado residents through the CPA
- Comparing the CPA to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the California Privacy Rights Act, and the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act
Shelby E. Dolen, Attorney
Malia K. Rogers, Attorney
David M. Stauss, Partner
Who Should Attend
General counsel, technology officers, technologists, information privacy and information security professionals, compliance officers, business owners and C-suite executives.
Continuing Education Credit
This program is pending approval for Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Tennessee and Wisconsin continuing legal education credit.
Questions? Contact Emily Schumacher at 816.983.8776.