Where to sell PEPs? Start with states that force employers to have plans

Ary Rosenbaum

Ary Rosenbaum - The Rosenbaum Law Firm P.C.

Where to sell Pooled Employer Plans? A good start is the states where employers have to offer retirement plans. 12 states and one city have enacted laws that, generally, require certain employers without their retirement plans to make the state-sponsored plan available to their employees.

The one thing about state plans like CalSavers in California is so many employers are a little hesitant in having government play a part in retirement savings, especially since the Federal government has made a mess of Social Security. Employers with five or more employees must participate in CalSavers if they don’t already have a workplace retirement plan. Wouldn’t a Pooled Employer Plan? To quote Alaska former Governor Sarah Palin: “You betcha’.”

DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.

© Ary Rosenbaum, The Rosenbaum Law Firm P.C. | Attorney Advertising

Written by:

Ary Rosenbaum

The Rosenbaum Law Firm P.C. on:

Reporters on Deadline

"My best business intelligence, in one easy email…"

Your first step to building a free, personalized, morning email brief covering pertinent authors and topics on JD Supra:
*By using the service, you signify your acceptance of JD Supra's Privacy Policy.
Custom Email Digest
- hide
- hide

This website uses cookies to improve user experience, track anonymous site usage, store authorization tokens and permit sharing on social media networks. By continuing to browse this website you accept the use of cookies. Click here to read more about how we use cookies.