In This Issue:
- New HIPAA “Megarule” Broadens Enforcement
- Government Declines to Seek Rehearing of Landmark Off-Label Speech Decision
- Seizure of Rothstein Ponzi Assets Highlights Tension Between Forfeiture Statutes and Bankruptcy Code
- How Will Mary Jo White’s Nomination to the SEC Affect Market Recovery?
- Excerpt from New HIPAA "Megarule" Broadens Enforcement:
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (“HHS”) has published its long-awaited Final Rule, the so-called “Megarule,” to codify major changes in its health privacy and security rules. These changes fall under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (“HITECH”), and have been under rulemaking consideration since early 2009, when HITECH was enacted.
Please see full alert below for more information.