On June 27, 2013, the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013 (S. 744) passed the Senate by a vote of 68 to 32....more
On June 26, 2013, the Supreme Court of the United States struck down a provision of the federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) that denied federal benefits to same-sex partners....more
In the February/March 2013 issue of the Immigration eAuthority, we outlined the respective proposals for immigration reform put forward by both the President and a bipartisan group of eight senators. We also noted that...more
In This Issue:
- Immigration. Washington takes the first step toward immigration reform.
- State Round-Up. Learn about the latest employment law news in your state.
- Traditional. Wade Fricke and Matthew Kelley...more
The prospect of comprehensive immigration reform appears to be gaining momentum. In January, a bipartisan group of eight senators announced a broad proposal for immigration reform (“Bipartisan Framework for Comprehensive...more
In This Issue:
- Email Request Does Not Constitute "Complaint"
- Former NLRB Member Joins Ogletree Deakins
- For Employers, Pay-Or-play Proposals Could Be Worse, Much Worse
- The NLRB In 2013: More Controversy...more
On January 29, the Immigration Innovation Act of 2013 (I-Squared Act) was introduced by a bipartisan group of senators, including Senators Orrin Hatch (R-UT), Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Marco Rubio (R-FL), and Chris Coons (D-DE)....more
President Obama mentioned comprehensive immigration reform as a priority in his acceptance speech. The President has pledged to act quickly on the issue of reform, with the expectation that “…we get [an immigration] bill...more