In this issue:
- SEC Issues Additional Guidance on Emerging Growth Companies
- CFTC Issues Proposed Interpretative Statement
- CFTC to Hold Public Meeting to Consider a Final Rule
- CME Issues Advisory Notice Regarding the Termination of Temporary Waiver of Annual Application for Position Limits Exemption
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals Denies Attempt to Withdraw Fifth Amendment Invocation
- Idaho District Court Holds That Arbitration Requirement is Subject to Limited Judicial Review
- FSA Fines and Imposes Prohibition On Compliance Officer for Client Money Breaches and Fines Firm
An excerpt from "Idaho District Court Holds That Arbitration Requirement is Subject to Limited Judicial Review"
The United States District Court for the District of Idaho held that, under Ninth Circuit law, an arbitration award is judicially reviewable under the Federal Arbitration Act even where the arbitration agreement at issue contained language describing the arbitrator’s award as “final and binding” and not subject to appeal.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.