In this issue:
- NYSE and NASDAQ Propose Compensation Committee and Compensation Adviser Independence Rules
- SEC Report Regarding Handling of Material Non-public Information by Broker-Dealers
- CFTC Issues Guidance on Trade Acceptance Requirements
- CFTC Issues Extension of Time for Compliance with Certain Pre-Trade Screening Requirements
- CFTC Provides Clarification on Customer Initial Margin Requirements
- Derivative Action Alleging Board’s Refusal to Prevent Regulatory Action by the FDA Failed to Overcome Requirement of Demand on Board
- SEC Targets CEO’s Lockout of Duly Elected Board Members
- Federal Banking Regulators Issue Basel III Calculator
- Agencies Reopen Comment Period on Swap Margin and Capital Proposed Rulemaking
- OCC Issues Bulletin on Investor-Owned Residential Real Estate
- Bi-partisan Group of US Senators Urge Banking Regulators to Protect Community Banks
- State Levy on Paid Health Care Claims Survives ERISA Preemption Challenge
- FSA Warns Firms About Financial Promotions
- FSA Notification Procedure for Short Selling Regulation Exemptions
- Treasury Announces Recommendations for LIBOR Reform
- ESMA Releases EMIR Technical Standards
- An excerpt from "FSA Warns Firms About Financial Promotions"
On September 21, the UK Financial Services Authority (FSA) released a speech entitled “Financial Promotions: Keeping Connected and Compliant” delivered by Clive Gordon, FSA’s Head of Conduct Risk. The speech highlighted common poor practices identified by the FSA during its routine monitoring of digital media promotions.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.