In this issue:
- Recent SEC Speeches Focus on Investor Protection and Disclosure
- SEC 2013 Examination Priorities
- CFTC Revises Clearing Compliance Schedule for iTraxx CDS Indices
- SEC Division of Trading and Markets Discusses Issues with Exchange-Traded Products
- Supreme Court Ruling Lowers Class Action Hurdle for Securities Fraud Cases
- Split Emerges on Customs Law after Eleventh Circuit Vacates Smuggling Convictions
- FinCEN Issues Advisory to Financial Institutions: Update on Tax Refund Fraud and Related Identity Theft
- New Fees Coming for Health Plan Sponsors
- One-Day Prohibition Imposed on Short Selling of Four Italian Shares
- EMIR Technical Standards Published in the Official Journal of the European Union
An excerpt from "EMIR Technical Standards Published in the Official Journal of the European Union"
Technical Standards which clarify certain aspects of Regulation 648/2012 on over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives, central counterparties (CCPs) and trade repositories (generally known as the European Markets Infrastructure Regulation or EMIR) will enter into force on March 15, 2013, following their publication in the Official Journal of the European Union on February 23.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: CFTC, Class Action, Disclosure Requirements, EMIR, ERISA, EU, Exchange-Traded Products, Executive Compensation, FDA, FinCEN, Fraud, Identity Theft, Illegal Imports, Investor Protection, iTraxx CDS indices, NEP, SEC, Short Sales, Swaps, Tax Refunds
Civil Procedure Updates, Criminal Law Updates, Finance & Banking Updates, International Law & Trade Updates, Securities Law Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP | Attorney Advertising