In this issue:
- FINRA Provides Guidance on Rules Governing Communications with the Public
- FINRA Requests Comment on Proposed Rule Requiring Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest in Recruitment Incentives
- Proposed Rule Change to Amend FINRA Rule Regarding Investor Education and Protection Disclosures
- NYSE Eliminates Certain Equities Account Type Indicators
- Second Circuit Holds Section 16(b) Inapplicable to Different Classes of Common Stock
- Court of Appeals Affirms Validity of New York Choice-of-Law Provisions
An excerpt from "Proposed Rule Change to Amend FINRA Rule Regarding Investor Education and Protection Disclosures"
The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority filed a proposed rule change to amend FINRA Rule 2267 to require a member firm to include a description of and link to FINRA BrokerCheck on its website, social media page and any comparable Internet presence. The BrokerCheck description and link would also need to be included on the website, social media page and any comparable Internet presence maintained by or on behalf of any person associated with a member that relate to the firm’s investment banking or securities business. FINRA would provide members with the text description and web address format for the link to BrokerCheck. FINRA will publish a Regulatory Notice announcing the effective date of the proposed rule change no later than 60 days following approval by the Securities and Exchange Commission of the proposed rule. FINRA will provide guidance regarding the prominence and placement of the BrokerCheck description and link in such Regulatory Notice.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: 16(b), Choice-of-Law, Common Stock, Conflicts of Interest, FINRA, NYSE, Public Communications
Published In: Business Organization Updates, Civil Procedure Updates, General Business Updates, Finance & Banking Updates, Securities Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP | Attorney Advertising