In This Issue:
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION:
- International Arbitration: Threats to Investment Protection in the EU Energy Sector
- Securities Litigation: Securities Litigation and the Energy Sector
- Corporate/London: The East Mediterranean: Evolving legislation for a new energy hub
- Corporate/London: Looking around the Corporate Veil
- Government Relations: Washington Notes
- EU Competition Law: EU General Court Slashes E.ON and GDF Antitrust Fines
- Oil & Gas Regulatory, Mining & Natural Resources: Oil, Gas, and Mining Companies Encouraged to Submit Nominations by August 27 for U.S. Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative Advisory Committee
- In The News:
- D.C. Circuit Affirms That Foreign State-Owned Corporations Are Entitled to Due Process Protections in United States Courts
- FERC Proposed Policy Statement on Capacity Allocation on Merchant Transmission Projects
- FERC Issues Proposed Rulemaking to Revise the Avista Policy
- King & Spalding Advises on First Brazilian Shari’ah-Compliant Property Fund
- King & Spalding Takes ‘Gold’ as Best International Arbitration Firm
- Eric Schwartz Appointed Vice President of ICC International Court of Arbitration
- Excerpt from International Arbitration: Threats to Investment Protection in the EU Energy Sector: Following the accession of former socialist states to the EU, almost 400 bilateral investment treaties became treaties between EU Member States. Recent cases call into question the extent of the substantive and procedural protections afforded by these intra-EU BITs.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.