In this issue:
- Digital Advertising Alliance Releases Guidance on the Application of Its Self-Regulatory Principles to the Mobile Environment
- TCPA Update: Recent Decisions and Significant Upcoming Change to TCPA Rules
- Employee Social Media Accounts Protected Under New Laws
- FCC Actions Clarify That Mobile Data Security Rules Apply to Data on Devices
- Policing Privacy: Undercover FTC Staff "Test-Shop" Data Brokers to Identify FCRA Violators
- Delta Wins Dismissal of California AG Mobile App Privacy Action
- Excerpt from: Digital Advertising Alliance Releases Guidance on the Application of Its Self-Regulatory Principles to the Mobile Environment:
On July 24, 2013, the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), comprised of the largest media and marketing trade associations in the U.S., released new guidance regarding mobile and other devices (Mobile Guidance).1 The Mobile Guidance explains how the DAA's existing Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising (OBA Principles)2 and Self-Regulatory Principles for Multi-Site Data (MSD Principles)3 (together, the DAA Principles) apply to companies operating in the mobile ecosystem. It sets forth specific requirements for the collection and use of precise location information, as well as two new categories of data: "cross-app data" and "personal directory data."
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Published In: Antitrust & Trade Regulation Updates, Communications & Media Updates, Labor & Employment Updates, Privacy Updates, Science, Computers & Technology Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati | Attorney Advertising