In This Issue:
- Dept. of Labor Wage & Hour Enforcement to Focus on Shale Employers
- Spilman Assists in Transition of Site from Steelmaking to Shale Gas
- Natural Gas Fueling Stations Coming to I-79 in W. Va. and Pa.
- Peak Year for Oil & Gas Deals in 2012
- WVU Gets Geo-Software Grant from Schlumberger
- Chesapeake Energy to Work with EPA on Testing at Active Fracing Site
- Excerpt from Dept. of Labor Wage & Hour Enforcement to Focus on Shale Employers:
The U.S. Department of Labor ("DOL") Wage and Hour Division ("WHD") announced in December of 2012 the recovery of $187,165.00 of wages for 69 employees as part of its multi-year ongoing enforcement initiative focused on vendors performing services for the fracing and pipeline industry. Following an audit by the DOL, the employees in question were found not to be eligible for the "professional" exemption to the overtime requirements. The employees primarily worked collecting samples for environmental monitoring.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.