June 30th, 2021
3:30 PM CET
First we take Sacramento, then we take Berlin: How do US data protection laws affect how you do business.
- Peter Hense - Partner, Spirit Legal, Leipzig
- Odia Kagan - Partner, Chair of GDPR Compliance & International Privacy Practice Group at Fox Rothschild LLP, Philadelphia
The webinar is aimed at in-house or outside counsel, as well as data protection and compliance officers. In this webinar we will review the latest developments in the US privacy landscape (including CCPA, CPRA, COPPA, impending state laws) and will use practical examples to explain how they pertain to your Germany based and multinational clients doing business in the US.
- Why European businesses are affected by US privacy laws
- CCPA – „doing business in California“
- Is my GDPR compliance enough?
- Federal & State Privacy Laws
- US Federal Laws on privacy (GLBA, HIPAA, COPPA)
- The role of the FTC.: Leading cases and enforcement
- State laws: Washington, New York, Massachusetts, Illinois
- Deep Dive CCPA & CPRA
- The new consumer rights
- What is a „sale“?
- CCPA service providers vs. GDPR processors
- How to implement the „Do Not Sell My PI” requirement
- Practical Guidance
- Comprehensive and precise privacy notices
- How to deal with Cookies, AdTech & web analytics
- Enforcement and Fines
- To Dos, sector specific
- OEM and suppliers
- eCommerce businesses
- Web publishers
- Healthcare & Pharma
- Travel & Hospitality