The following overview of recent immigration-related penalties should convince companies to implement and maintain a solid I-9 completion and maintenance program. At the outset, program implementation requires investments of...more
Investigations and audits of Form I-9 documents by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (“ICE”) agents are on the rise, and the Obama administration is promising to keep the heat on employers in the coming year. ...more
Has ICE Been Busy in 2013? What to Expect if You Get a Notice of Inspection -
On November 6, 1986, the Immigration Reform and Control Act required employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of their...more
In This Presentation:
- A Look Back at 2013
- Where Do We Go From Here?
- What Is This H-1B Cap Stuff?
- Why Immigration Reform Is Not Imminent
- What About Form I-9 And E-Verify?
- Enforcement On The...more
Please remember that, effective May 7, 2013, employers must use only the most recent version of Form I-9 (Rev. 03/08/13)N. The revision date of the Form I-9 is printed on the lower left corner of the form. Among other things,...more
In This Issue:
- Harassment. Are your executive training programs effective?
- State Round-Up. Learn about the latest employment law news in your state
- Unions. Harold Coxson and Baker Wyche discuss the new...more
The time audit your I-9 practices is now.
OK, we’ll let you finish your summer vacation. But right after that, you really need to dig into the I-9 rules and make sure that your company is in compliance....more
In a recent decision of the Office of the Chief Administrative Hearing Officer (OCAHO), Anodizing Industries, Inc., a metal-finishing factory in Los Angeles, California was fined $15,600 for failure to timely prepare I-9...more
Just last month, the Worksite Investigation Enforcement Unit of the Immigration & Customs Enforcement (“ICE”) division of the Department of Homeland Security announced a change in policy regarding the use of electronic...more
In This Issue:
- New Health Care Mandates
- I-9's for Immigration in 2013
- A Policies and Procedures Review
- Classifying Employees as Exempt or Non-Exempt?
- Awareness of National Labor Relations Board...more
Originally published in the 2012 Edition of Inside the Minds published by Aspatore/Thomson West.
This chapter discusses the current immigration enforcement climate for US employers, which involves a...more
Back to Top