Shari’ah-compliant finance and banking has mushroomed in recent years despite its prohibition on accepting interest on loans and its application of other limiting Islamic principles. Let’s briefly examine the current state of...more
Produced in partnership with K&L Gates LLP -
Real estate is an increasingly important asset class for Islamic-compliant transactions and banks in the UK. Islamic-compliant finance has proved to be an alternative source...more
- Co-financing by conventional lenders and Islamic compliant financiers is increasingly common as businesses seek multiple sources of funding.
- The structural differences between these tranches mean that issues...more
The number of Sharia-compliant products and transactions has grown enormously over the past decade. Many of the contracts that underpin Islamic finance transactions are governed by English law or the law of another country,...more
In This Issue:
- Sharia compliant financing of commercial real estate
- Real estate as an asset class
- Sharia compliance issues that particularly affect commercial real estate...more
In This Presentation:
- The demographics
- Islamic asset management industry
- Islamic fund sizes
- Islamic fund composition
- What is Shariah?
- Shariah terms
This insight will draw together four themes: the current state of UK Islamic banks; the possibility of a UK Sovereign Sukuk; UK real estate and its growing importance for Islamic Finance in the country; and the UK's battle to...more
Originally published in Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law - April 2012.
This article will draw together four themes: the current state of UK Islamic banks; the possibility of a UK...more
Back to Top