Détente can be a beautiful thing. However, as demonstrated by the recent settlement agreement between Mega-media giants Google and Viacom, achieving it can be very expensive.
In 2007, Viacom filed suit against YouTube...more
In this issue:
- Product Demonstrations Deliver Reward…and Risk
- Sometimes the Claim is in the Eye of the Beholder
- Viacom v. YouTube Decision Maintains DMCA Safe Harbor for Video Site
In this issue:
- Federal Circuit: Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Appeal
- The Federal Circuit Draws the Line on Permissible Changes to Design Patent Claims – Or Does It?
- DMCA Safe Harbor Upheld for...more
- Viacom International v. Google Inc., USDC S.D. New York, April 18, 2013:
On remand from the Second Circuit, district court grants summary judgment in favor of Google and its YouTube platform on all copyright...more
Following the Second Circuit’s remand order last year on appeal of an initial grant of summary judgment for YouTube, the Southern District of New York has revisited the issues in Viacom’s copyright infringement suit and again...more
On April 18, 2013, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York again held that YouTube is subject to the safe harbor provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act as an internet service provider despite...more
The district court in New York dismissed Viacom’s lawsuit against YouTube yesterday. Yes, this case has been on appeal and remanded several times. Viacom may appeal the Second Circuit Court of Appeals once again, so it may...more
Back to Top