December 15th, 2020
10:00 AM - 10:45 AM PST
Each month, Nossaman's complimentary Employment BUZZ webinar series covers a different topic of interest to employers, including tax, insurance, intellectual property and employment issues. These "quick hit" 30-minute programs are followed by 15-minute Q&A sessions, so we encourage you to submit questions during registration.
On December 15th, Pavneet Mac will present "Legislative Updates for Employers to Plan for a Successful (and Compliant) 2021" from 10:00 - 10:45 a.m. PT. This must-watch presentation will help California employers understand the new laws that will affect them in 2021, including those that went into effect immediately upon the Governor’s signing of various bills in September 2020. Some of the topics Pavneet will cover include:
- New COVID-19 obligations related to reporting, sick leave and workers' compensation
- Cal/OSHA’s expanded authority to shut down worksites
- Expansions and amendments to protected family leave, including CFRA and PFL
- Wage and hour updates, such as amendments made to AB 5 and the professional exemption
- New privacy considerations related to the CCPA and CPRA
- Best practices for complying with the new legislative changes in 2021
Not able to attend the live webinar on December 15th? Register now to receive a link to the on-demand recording once the live broadcast has concluded. And if you missed our November program on "Protecting Information in a Work-From-Home World," click here to watch the recording at your convenience!
Applications for California MCLE and HRCI accreditation of this program are pending.
Questions? Please contact Jessica Ku at email@example.com or 949.477.7667.