One of the most important tax attributes of charitable remainder trusts is that they are exempt from income tax – except, that is, when it comes to unrelated business taxable income (UBTI) of these trusts. For decades the...more
In this issue:
- The True Cost Of Giving – Charitable Donations In A No-Estate-Tax Environment
- Could An Exchange Help Cover LTC Insurance Costs?
- Family Meetings Help Ensure Estate Planning...more
I have personally observed in my professional travels that many taxpayers are reluctant charitable donors. However, we you remind a business owner that they only have three choices when it comes to taxes (1) Pay yourself;...more
Most people make the bulk of their charitable contributions during the year-end holiday season. This post summarizes some of the charitable giving ideas and opportunities, as well as some planning reminders, that donors may...more
In This Issue:
- How to fund long-term care insurance with a tax-free exchange
- Should a CRT be part of your estate plan?
- The key to an effective trust is education
- Estate Planning Pitfall:...more
A charitable remainder trust (CRT) allows a person to support a favorite charity while potentially boosting their cash flow, shrinking the size of their taxable estate, reducing or deferring income taxes, and enjoying...more
Now that the election is over, we anticipate having some guidance soon with respect to the numerous tax and planning issues that have been mired in uncertainty for the past two years. Many tax benefits are scheduled to...more
Ready, set, go! Following the Presidential election last night, the race is on for year-end tax planning and bracing for the fall off the fiscal cliff.
While no one can tell exactly what the tax outcome will be after...more
Back to Top