So, how is copyright law doing as an online reputation management tool?
We have written many times recently about the use of copyright law to do what defamation law can’t: take stuff down from the internet. A...more
In This Presentation:
- User Generated Content
..What, Me Worry? What could go wrong with UGC?
- The Communications Decency Act
- The DMCA
- Sweepstakes, Contests and...more
Companies are looking for online interaction with customers, a solid presence on social media, and other dynamic ways to connect with potential consumers. Often, this means campaigns and their websites will rely on some form...more
In This Issue:
- Written Contracts and the Statute of Limitations...Page 1
- Website Owners: Who is Liable for Third Party Postings on Your Website?...Page 2
- Business Tort Brings Sanctions...Page 3
A recent Fairfax County defamation case involving a consumer’s scathing postings against a contractor on Yelp and Angie’s List raises the issue as to who can be held liable for postings made by third parties.
Back to Top