A Focus on Energy: Royalty Trusts
What is an Irrevocable Trust?
The revenue portion of the recently passed Executive Budget for 2014–2015 significantly changes New York’s estate tax and the way in which New York taxes the income of certain trusts.
We previously alerted you to proposed legislation affecting New York estate tax law, the tax treatment of gifts by New York residents, and New York income taxation of certain trusts. This month Governor Cuomo signed final...more
The New York State Legislature is considering some significant proposed changes to the New York estate tax law, the tax treatment of gifts by New York residents, and New York income taxation of certain trusts. Some important...more
A regular part of planning for high net worth families are dynasty trusts – long term multi-generational trusts that are exempt from generation skipping tax. The trusts are more attractive than ever, with expanded generation...more
In This Issue:
- How to Protect Your Assets as a Business Owner
- Separated But Not Divorced: Don’t Wait to Update Your Estate Plan
- Tales from the Cliff: Estate Planning Policy for 2013 and Beyond
In This Issue:
- Tax deal reshapes estate planning landscape
- Are your children prepared to handle your wealth?
- Planning your digital legacy
- Estate Planning Red Flag: You’re married and relocating into or out...more
Your first step to building a free, personalized, morning email brief covering pertinent authors and topics on JD Supra:
Sign up to create your digest using LinkedIn*
Back to Top