September 20th, 2023
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CDT
About the Program
The state of Texas is experiencing some Texas-size changes in discrimination and harassment law, including changes to where claims can be filed, who can sue whom, and what standards are used. Join Houston office managing partner Sarah Morton and Dallas office managing partner Buena Vista Lyons as they discuss the changing face of Texas discrimination and harassment claims. Topics will include:
- The Fifth Circuit’s recent Hamilton decision, changing the standard for Title VII discrimination claims in Texas;
- Changes to Chapter 21 of the Texas Labor Code for sexual harassment claims and recent federal law changes;
- New workplace poster requirements for Texas employers; and
- Texas CROWN Act – prohibition on hairstyle discrimination.
- FordHarrison is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This course is approved for 1 hour of PDCs.
- This program is also pre-approved by HRCI for 1 hour of PHR, GPHR, and SPHR recertification credit.
- FordHarrison is an accredited provider of CLE by the State Bar of California. This program is preapproved for 1 hour of General CLE in California.
- This program is pending for 1 hour of CLE Credit by the State Bar of Texas.