Read Franchise Law updates, news, and legal commentary from leading lawyers and law firms:
FCPA Compliance and Ethics Report-Episode 18-Walmart-Be a Leader in Compliance
FCPA Compliance and Ethics Report-Episode 15-GSK in China: a Game Changer in Compliance
Partnership and Similar Agreements - Douglas W. Lubic, Esq.
Before committing to a franchise business, consider...
Lessons Learned from the BizJet Executives FCPA Enforcement Actions
Craft Beer Boom in Michigan
Record-setting Dodgers Sale Sets High Price For Mets Franchise
Two reforms proposed in a recent report to the Commonwealth Government are directly concerned with financial distress of franchisors, and one of those recommendations has the potential to be contentious for the insolvency and...more
In this issue:
- Delivered by Independent Contractors, Undelivered by P.L. 86-272: Order Fulfillment Activities Subject Out-of-State Seller to New York Corporation Franchise Tax
- Everything’s Bigger in Texas,...more
In This Issue:
- Franchisor 101: Are Covenants Not-To-Compete Dischargeable In Bankruptcy?
- Franchisee 101: Aloha-Distributorships Are Not Franchises
- Mark Melton Has Become Of Counsel To The Firm...more
In This Issue:
- Mark Melton Has Become Of Counsel To The Firm
- Franchisor 101: Personal Liability In New York For A Franchisor's Owners
- Franchisee 101: Beer & Wine Franchisees Enjoy Protection From...more
The Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 (BAPCPA) substantially revised 11 U.S.C. 365 to significantly limit a debtor's time to assume or reject nonresidential real estate leases. Prior to BAPCPA,...more