Has ICE Been Busy in 2013? What to Expect if You Get a Notice of Inspection -
On November 6, 1986, the Immigration Reform and Control Act required employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of their...more
In This Presentation:
- A Look Back at 2013
- Where Do We Go From Here?
- What Is This H-1B Cap Stuff?
- Why Immigration Reform Is Not Imminent
- What About Form I-9 And E-Verify?
- Enforcement On The...more
In This Issue:
- Harassment. Are your executive training programs effective?
- State Round-Up. Learn about the latest employment law news in your state
- Unions. Harold Coxson and Baker Wyche discuss the new...more
The time audit your I-9 practices is now.
OK, we’ll let you finish your summer vacation. But right after that, you really need to dig into the I-9 rules and make sure that your company is in compliance....more
In a recent decision of the Office of the Chief Administrative Hearing Officer (OCAHO), Anodizing Industries, Inc., a metal-finishing factory in Los Angeles, California was fined $15,600 for failure to timely prepare I-9...more
Just last month, the Worksite Investigation Enforcement Unit of the Immigration & Customs Enforcement (“ICE”) division of the Department of Homeland Security announced a change in policy regarding the use of electronic...more
In This Issue:
- New Health Care Mandates
- I-9's for Immigration in 2013
- A Policies and Procedures Review
- Classifying Employees as Exempt or Non-Exempt?
- Awareness of National Labor Relations Board...more
Originally published in the 2012 Edition of Inside the Minds published by Aspatore/Thomson West.
This chapter discusses the current immigration enforcement climate for US employers, which involves a...more
Back to Top